Thursday, June 19, 2008

Audrey Caroline

Over the past few years our family has been very blessed by all the wonderful Christian music out there today.  My days are full with caring for our kids and home, but I often put music on at some point of our day.  I love worshipping through music and we have collected so many great songs through itunes over the years of us being into Christian bands.  Some of our favorite Christian artists are David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin, Hillsong, Selah and many more.  I say all of this to share a story with you about loss and hope.  The group Selah is made up of three people, two siblings, Nicol Sponberg and Todd Smith and one other guy.  Recently, Todd Smith of Selah lost a baby girl a couple hours after her birth.  Then, about 2 months later, his sister, Nicol Sponberg lost her baby boy at 10 weeks to SIDS.  A few nights back I was looking on-line under Selah and came across a blog that is written by Angie Smith (Todd's wife) and it is about their journey through losing their baby girl.  The babies name was Audrey Caroline and the blog site is www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com  It is an amazing journal of Angie (the moms) journey through this dark time in their lives and the way that God is working and doing amazing things through this.  I can't tell you how much it has touched me.  Just about every time I read a post of hers I sit at my computer with tears running down my face as I see the face of God through her words.  I encourage you to check it out and if you know anyone who has lost a child or who is going through a very hard time, it is an amazing story of hope.  She has many readers so it is not like we are looking at something that is only for her family and friends.  I actually think she is writing it at this point for strangers to see how God is using her baby girl for His glory.   It's so sad how three Christian artist have lost a child within the past few months, Steven Curtis Chapman, Nicol Sponberg and Todd Smith.  It is an unfathomable thing to think about, but to see how the Smith family is ministering to so many through their loss and how God truly is carrying them through this time is really amazing.  So, if you're interested in checking out their blog, I know you'd be blessed by her faith and words.  Also, the first song that plays when you open our blog is by Selah.  The guy singing is Todd Smith and the girl is Nicol Sponberg.  Please pray for them as you listen. 

1 comment:

Colbert Family said...

Wow, this makes me want to cry just reading what my wife wrote! I love you Shelley. I am overjoyed with your love for our Saviour!
Jim