Monday, November 29, 2010

Decorating :)!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a lovely day with family and we sure do have much to be thankful for this year!!! Unfortunately I took no pictures that day, but I have lots of pictures to share below. You will see that we are totally in the Christmas spirit in our home :)!

These past couple weeks have been so much fun! We are making lots of wonderful memories in our new home as we get ready for Christmas! I have never had such a blast decorating! We have Christmas music playing pretty continually around here and the lights from the trees are making things so cozy.


Our Great Room

Close up of Jacob & Abbey's stockings

and Micah & Caleb's

We've had several fires! We are LOVING our fireplace :)!

One of my favorite ornaments!

Our nativity set :). What it's all about... Jesus :)!!!!

Christmas Pictures :)


They each have a tree in their rooms. Jacob with his :).

Abbey with hers :).

Micah (above) with theirs and Caleb (below) :). They share a room... and a tree :)

It sure is hard to believe that Christmas really is right around the corner and even more hard to believe that we are a little over 1 month away from Abbey being completely done with her treatment! There really are no words to express how it feels being this close to being done. I remember the night she was diagnosed, thinking that this journey would be forever and here we are at that end. I don't think there has ever been a time in my life where I've been this happy, content and thankful and it's only by God's grace that I can say that after coming off the hardest time of our lives. God is good and oh how thankful I am that I know Him! Praying for blessings for all of you this Christmas Season :)!

6 comments:

laurieb145 said...

Such a beautiful family!!

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Beautiful family! Beautiful home!
Have a very merry CHRISTmas!

Cayle said...

[= I am so happy she is almost done and I have been praying since the beginning.

Merry Christmas!

Keri Bush said...

I remember reading the email and crying the whole time. I felt like it was my own child being there. I cried the whole time I got the decorations, and things to make the room look alive and colorful. I cried all the way to the hospital. Our original connection group was all there and though there wasn't much to be said for the devastation we all felt with you, you felt our love, deep sadness and HUGE prayerful hearts. Our family is rejoicing with you and praising God for soooo many answered prayers. Praise God it has went by and will end!

Cindy Bailey said...

Shelley, thank you for sharing your lovely pictures, everything and everyone look so festive. The Christmas pictures of you and Jim and also the family are beautiful. You must be so proud! God has been so good and it shows. Have a wonderful Christmas and give Abbey a big hug from me. I'm counting down the days with all of you till this is over. God Bless!

Maryellen said...

You deserve a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year. I continue to lift Abby in prayer.
Your children are all so precious.