Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Love



Like all little girls, I grew up dreaming about my future. Dreaming about my prince charming, white picket fence and lots of kids around my table. I dreamed of a comfortable home where love was bursting out of the seams. A home where everyone could be themselves and be loved for who they were. A home where they could walk in the door and be safe and know that they are valued and important.

One thing I have to say about our family is although we have seen hard times. Although we have experienced great pain, shed many tears and the perfect, fairy tale life isn't always a reality, we love well. We love through the good, bad, happy and sad. Our home is a place where we make loving each other a priority.

And I so love how my kids love each other. Watching them laugh together, care for each other and live life together is a dream come true for me. There is nothing quite as sweet as hearing I Love You. We say it often around here and even Caleb, without being prompted, hugs our legs and says I Lub You :).

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is note rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

1 comment:

Doing the Life Thing...Gabler Style said...

I love the way your kids love too:)!! Your home for sure 'says' Love, Comfort, & screams 'welcome' from the moment we enter!! In fact just today when Chloe came off the bus her first words were...'Mommy its Tuesday, so aren't we going to Jake & Abbeys?':). I explained not tonight but surely soon. We love the colberts & Im so happy youv'e continued this blog.