Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Names

First, thank you for the suggestions for a blog designer to help in hopefully giving my blog a makeover at some point! I have decided to put it on hold for a bit, as I am hoping to get some good family pictures and pictures of the kids this spring. I want to be able to put recent pictures on here as a header and outside pictures always seem to come out so much better then inside. So for that reason I am going to put my search on hold and wait till I know exactly what I want and have pictures that I like for my new look. I did find a free new template that I was able to add myself and if nothing else it's a change from the boring look that it has been for so long.

So onto my post... For Christmas my sister got me each of the kids names in individual wooden letters, all in different fonts. The other day Jim painted them all and we got them put up in their rooms. I love how they turned out :)! We have been in our new home for almost a year and a half already and still have some bare walls. We are slowly, but surely getting each room decorated and making the house our own. I think their names really added a lot though to their rooms and the kids all think they're pretty neat :).



I have always love personalized things. Below are some things with the kids names on them that are all meaningful to me.

Jim got me this necklace a while back. One of my very favorite things :).

And of course the Praying for Abbey bracelets will always be very special and meaningful to us. Hundreds of people wore these bracelets around the country and faithfully prayed for her while she was in treatment.

And Jacob got this for his first Christmas from my mom. He was 6 months old :).

My mother-in-law has gotten these for each of the kids when they are first born. As you can see we get a lot of use out of them!

A dear friend got this personalized blanket for Caleb when he was first born. It's soo soft and one of our very favorites.

A friend hand painted this clip board for Abbey. She just loves it!


One of my very best friends from college gave the above (bib) and below (towel) to Caleb and Micah when they were born.



While I was taking pictures of things around the house today, Jacob asked what I was doing. After I told him he disappeared into the playroom for a while and came out with this creation. And I love it! Seeing their names makes me smile - just like each of them do :)!

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

I love monogramed things too. I didn't get married until I was 47 and I was so excited and proud to have my husbands name. I have "A"s all over the house hah. I went from "W" to "A" which was pretty cool. Great post, I enjoyed it.