Saturday, July 17, 2010

Abbey :)





This Friday, we will go to clinic for Abbey's chemo in her port, spinal tap and spinal chemo. At this point she only gets an lp done once every 3 months, where at the beginning this was weekly. She will be put under sedation for the procedure and won't be able to eat until it's over. For as many times as we've done this, you'd think it would get easier, but sometimes I feel like it gets harder. I can't wait for the day when she's done with her treatment. We sometimes feel like we can see her body just getting tired and worn out from all that she's been through and all the medications that have gone into her these past 21 months. But, we are in the final stretch now and we know we can do it :)! Please pray for all to go smoothly this Friday. For high numbers and for her usual braveness through it all! Thanks :)!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

My thoughts are with you all.

Cindy Bailey said...

Shelley the pictures are beautiful as usual. Abbey looks the picture of health, and I love her blonde curls.:)I'm so glad that she's handling her chemo and other meds so well. She's a trooper in my books. She deserves a special medal for her bravery. God bless!

Carla (Choosing His Joy) said...

Shelley,
I found your blog through the Riggs's blog awhile back. Your sweet girl looks so beautiful and so happy--I love the picts! I will also pray for you guys for the upcoming chemo treatment; hope all goes smoothly.

Someone donated money for our medical expenses and requested that I pass it on to someone else by giving them a free blog makeover. Would you like one? I couldn't think of a more deserving family!

My son and I have a life-threatening disease that is neoplastic like cancer, but it isn't cancer. I have so much compassion for other moms who are in the trenches with us; I can't ever give money, but I can give free blog designs!

Let me know if you are interested--oh--and there is no strings attached.

Love and Prayers,
Carla (Masto Mama)

http://mastomama.blogspot.com/
(my personal blog)

http://mastomamamakeovers.blogspot.com/ (my design site)

Anonymous said...

Thats my gf!